City of Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City of Life

A private Crime AU

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just Another Day [Franzi]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bubbelah

Just Another Day [Franzi] Empty
PostSubject: Just Another Day [Franzi]   Just Another Day [Franzi] EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 5:24 pm

It had happened again that morning. About two months after violent, desperate, strained sex, she had some hope-- that maybe this time would be different. Franzi had told everyone. Her husband had started treating her well.

But that morning, she had felt the blood run down her legs and a pain as sharp as a spear in her, and it was all lost again. She hadn't told anyone, yet, but had gone to her doctor before she would have to go into work, a charity organization that was a front for her criminal dealings.

She was waiting outside for her assistant to pick her up and bring her back to work. He was a little late-- but it was last minute, so she let it slide. It was good, in a way-- she could get a handle on her tears while she was waiting.

"Maybe you should try adoption," her doctor had told her, quietly, as if it was a scandalous thing. And in her family, to her father, to her husband, it was. The doctor said she was just too thin to support any life, but the stress of having to try only made her illness worse.

The doctor's words rang in her ears as she hastily tried to wipe her eyes before her assisstant drove up. It was important that no one ever see her cry. But, she found it uncontrollable now. She trusted Arash-- as low as he was in his work heirarchy, he knew most of its secrets. And this would be just another one.
Back to top Go down
Badass Gangster boy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day [Franzi]   Just Another Day [Franzi] EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 6:55 pm

Everyday started with dawn prayer. Arash's adhan would go off - and he would get up and pray before he was really awake. Sometimes he would fall back asleep. Sometimes he would shower and get ready for work. Sometimes he would make tea and breakfast for his mom, knowing that she would be down right after or right before he left. It would be best to make breakfast today. His mom had a late night. He always woke up early, because his boss was always up early. At least following his boss' very professional schedule put Arash's mom under the impression that her son had a straight office job. He always hid his gun after he got home from work. She was convinced that those years of prison had allowed her boy to get over his troubled past. Really, prison just gave him steady employment in the underworld.

The Iranian left home, it took a while for his car to start. But when it did start - he headed over to pick up his boss. On his way, she texted him. Pick her up at another address at another time? Instinct told Arash to worry. Anything could happen to his boss. She was in charge of one of the biggest mobs in the city and yet she was so tiny. Someone could pick her up and run away if Arash wasn't there to protect her. They could do all sorts of horrible things to her. He parked outside a gas station, tapping his steering wheel again and again with his thin, hairy and well decorated fingers.

He didn't have anything to do until then, except think about what the reason for the change in his boss's schedule was. She was his boss, and though it was job to protect her, they had a type of relationship - a mutual trust and understanding that made Arash want to do his job even when he wasn't being payed for it. His employer could be mean and spiteful - but Arash knew that she was a good person. He hated her sometimes, but he cared about her.

He waited, went in, got a coffee, a plastic wrapped honey covered treat and waited again. He would offer them to Franzi. Until it was time for him to leave. Driving out, he left for a location that he had not yet been to. The Iranian ended up getting a little lost - before finally seeing Franzi in the open in a location he did not expect. She gave him the address but, never told him that the address led to a fertility clinic.

And she was in tears. Had something happened? Had someone in the clinic done something to her? When he pulled out his handgun it was instinctive. His old car burst to a stop before her. Quickly, he ran out - so he could open her door himself before she came to it. 

"Mrs. Schuetzeneur," he butchered the name for the billionth time. "Are you alright? Please get in the car." He wouldn't enter until she did. Checking his surroundings, he kept his gun on the ready. It didn't really occur to Arash that his boss could just be upset. He was with her almost all the time - and she rarely got upset like this.
Back to top Go down
bubbelah

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day [Franzi]   Just Another Day [Franzi] EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 10:11 pm

Finally, Arash was there. She wiped her eyes quickly one final time before taking a deep breath, and marched stoically towards the car.

"I'm alright." She answered curtly, sliding into the car seat and refusing to look at him. Her eyes were too red, she was too proud for him to see. It was always natural to deflect anger onto something else. "You know how much I hate having to ride in this piece of shit car...!" Franzi quickly pulled out a mirror and some makeup-- make it look like it never happened. She was still quite in shock from that morning, even without the visit to the doctor.

"We're going back to the office," she ordered to him. Not back to her husband, not to anyone else in her family.

After a moment's silence, she asked quietly, "How are you, Arash? How's your fiancé...?"
Back to top Go down
Badass Gangster boy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day [Franzi]   Just Another Day [Franzi] EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 12:10 am

"Praises to God," Arash stated loudly as soon as Franzi revealed that she was alright. She entered the car and seemed calm enough. Once he too entered the car, he felt comfortable enough to - after turning down the loud Persian pop music - slip the handgun back into his pants. 

"I got a coffee and a.... ehhh honey-bun," he gestured for the cup holder and then reached for the plastic wrapped snack - the honey had smeared all over the inside of the package. To open it would promise a dangerous fate for their clothing, their fingers, and Arash's car. Arash didn't have any napkins either, which wasn't really a problem to him. But in hind-sight he should have gotten some for Franzi. But then, he forgot that Franzi was definitely above this type of low-brow convenience store food.

"And my car, it is the top class now. A family friend made the installation that can make the car bounce. I will show you it at work." Arash smiled, he brushed off the insult, hoping that it would help lighten the atmosphere. His car was by all definitions, a piece of shit, but he decked it out well. The car was precious to him, but he understood that Franzi had different standards. He had seen the car that her husband owned. Arash would never be able to afford something like that - so a bad car with hot installations was probably his best and only option for a 'nice car.'

Arash turned on to the route he normally took to the office. He would occasionally take some glances at his employer - pretending that his concentration was on the road, not on her current state. She was visually perturbed, and Arash was sure he had seen tears.

She asked him some questions - small talk to avoid the serious matter that must have occurred - Arash assumed. It must have have something to do with her husband. He was somewhat familiar with the nature of their relationship. He knew they were not happy together, and he knew that he didn't love her.

"Praises to God, I am fine, thank you. Zeinab has been well too. She had her finals recently - and I think she did very well. She is so smart, with a very bright future. Mashallah." he loved talking about her. But, he felt this moment - if Franzi was upset about her husband - it would not be wise to initiate a conversation about the woman that he was in a very happy temporary marriage with, and due to be in a very happy permanent marriage with. 

He paused - in want of what to say - of how to initiate a conversation with Franzi about herself. He knew that she had her pride - and that would certainly obstruct his desire to portray his concern. He settled with a: "Are you sure? We can drive around a bit, get breakfast or coffee. Are you alright, Ma'mm?"

He reached across his dashboard for his cigarettes - offering the box first to Franzi.
Back to top Go down
bubbelah

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day [Franzi]   Just Another Day [Franzi] EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 1:57 am

"I'm really not hungry..." She declined the probably burnt coffee and the processed food. Normally she could make herself eat sweets with no problem, and she was always with a coffee. She just felt hollowed out that day.

His lighthearted remark worked, if only to divert her mood for a moment from dismal to annoyed. "We will not be seeing that." She told him matter-of-factly. Although they and a few others worked for the mob, they did it under the workings of an actual charity organization, of which she was also the head-- as was fitting for a politician's wife. No one needed to see her around a car with shocks driven by an overly hairy man.

Even though she was still devastated, she could still be cruel-- which was her kind of humor. "Does she know about your body hair?" She didn't wait for him to answer, sniffing back some emotion. Her voice was still thick. "You know... stop by the coffee shop on 7th street. You need a proper breakfast... not that."

His offer of cigarettes only made her remember. "I can't, I'm....." But no, she wasn't. She took out her own cigarettes-- she only ever smoked long ivory cigarettes, gold-tipped with a pink filter. Silent, and looking out the windshield to the road, she said, emotion detached, "I was pregnant, but it died. It's the third time." She didn't understand-- she'd been on estrogen shots, had tried to force feed herself... nothing worked. "My husband doesn't know."
Back to top Go down
Badass Gangster boy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day [Franzi]   Just Another Day [Franzi] EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 2:12 am

"I don't think my body hair bothers anyone else nearly as much as it bothers you...." Arash stated with a forced smile. He had an abnormal amount of body hair - and it was something he did get a little insecure about. It was the first thing that others used when aiming to tease the man. Zeinab had not yet seen him naked - though he did once show her the tattoo on his back. It was a sneak peak - but she didn't know quite what she was getting into, which worried Arash. "Most women like it..." he began, absent-mindedly. 

Arash forgot that she was pregnant. He even gave her a present when he found out - well he delivered a present from his mom, who heard about his boss' pregnancy on the news. He took back the cigarettes - before she could even deliver the news.

And once she did deliver the news - Arash couldn't believe it. She miscarried, then. He didn't say anything for a while. After a moment's pause, he began to  recite a quick dua for the loss. The moments after were a series of pauses driven together by a certain discomfort and a knowledge that this level of loss was outside of Arash's comprehension. He didn't understand, but he knew the pain must be unbelievable.

Looking out the window at the intersection that would lead him to the coffee shop, he lit one of his cigarettes. The car turned. The
air was stale, Arash's radio played softly in the background and there was a low hum coming from the engine of Arash's beat up old car. He had been to this coffee shop with Franzi before, and he often went here alone to buy her morning coffee. 

"This world is much crueler than the next. God will reward us for all we have suffered. I am sorry." he mouthed, his voice was muffled - as if he didn't have the confidence for his statement. He didn't really - no words felt right coming from his mouth. No words could properly address the situation. Looking around to find parking, he kept quiet.

"When are you going to tell your husband?" He wanted to ask 'what is he going to do?' But that question was too personal, too soon.
Back to top Go down
bubbelah

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day [Franzi]   Just Another Day [Franzi] EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 4:26 am

"There isn't anything wrong with body hair," she corrected, and then gestured to Arash. "Unless you look like the wolf man." But her insult was half-hearted. She couldn't muster up the strength to pretend she was okay.

She scowled to herself at his prayers. Franzi didn't believe in anything anymore-- if she did, she would have to live with the fact that for some reason, her god continued to painfully take away her only chance at happiness. "Whatever," She responded to his sentiment, exhaling smoke.

Franzi laughed a sad broken laugh. "I don't want to think about him-- do you think ever that he thinks about me? He doesn't deserve to know quickly." She took a long drag on the cigarette before adding, "But I don't know... Maybe not. I almost want to see him suffer over it." It was the only way she could make him feel like he made her feel. And then, only vaguely. It had been the longest time yet that she'd been pregnant, so finally it was publicized, only to end a few weeks later. "I'm going to see my father though... After work." He was her only family member that regularly kept in touch, she was his favorite daughter. It didn't mean in times like this that he wasn't going to slap her around. She was going because she felt like she deserved the beating.

"I could have done more." Checked herself into a hospital and gotten a feeding tube.... Something.
Back to top Go down
Badass Gangster boy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day [Franzi]   Just Another Day [Franzi] EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 6:38 pm

Arash parked the car - but he did not get out yet. He stared towards his boss. He had expressed to her on numerous occasions that - for religious reasons - he did not touch women. But, he must have forgotten his own prohibition as he reached a hand on to her shoulder. 

"It wasn't your fault. This world is cruel. Life is transient." Arash stated. That was how Arash got through the day. Arash - who killed others for a living - would on occasion be racked with guilt, but he had to tell himself - this life didn't matter. He had a crippling fear of the hell that he knew he was destined for - for that next life was the one that really mattered. He paused again, before taking his hands off the woman. "You didn't kill anyone..." But Arash vaguely wondered, if that was what a miscarriage felt like - like killing someone. 

"Do you want me to drive you to your father's? I can go with you, wait in the car...?" Arash began with hesitation. He knew full well that it probably wouldn't help if her father saw Arash. Arash certainly wasn't the type of man that people like her father wanted to see their daughters with. He was a member of an entirely different social strata. But waiting in the car could help. Arash was her hitman and body-guard, protection didn't need to just be by the gun. "I can be here when you need me... That is my job..."

They were outside the cafe. But Arash wasn't sure if Franzi preferred talking in the car - so he waited for her move. 
Back to top Go down
bubbelah

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day [Franzi]   Just Another Day [Franzi] EmptyThu Jul 25, 2013 10:17 pm

She looked up at him with wide, sorrowful blue eyes, rimmed with red, and the black of her makeup. "How can you be so sure...?" In the eyes of a few people that mattered, it was a killing.

Shrugging off his hand as he took it away and returned to her cigarette.

Rubbing her eyes one last time and pinching her cheeks to get some color in them, she got out of the car. "I've been dealing with my father my entire life, and never had to have you wait in the car. I can go myself."

Franzi walked and stood by the door of the coffee shop, finishing her cigarette and waiting for her driver. "You know you spend more time with me than you do with your fiance?" Taking a moment before finally exhaling her last drag of smoke, she added, "But if that is your job, you could come with me to see my husband tonight." Though she didn't let many people in on what happened in her private life, she knew she could trust Arash. There were moments where she thought Arash should be an even more intimate part of her private life-- but those were moments of loneliness and desperation, and passed fairly quickly. "After your actual work of course... there are more important things than this."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Another Day [Franzi]   Just Another Day [Franzi] Empty

Back to top Go down

Just Another Day [Franzi]
Page 1 of 1