City of Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

City of Life

A private Crime AU

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gala gloom [Franzi]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bubbelah

Gala gloom [Franzi] Empty
PostSubject: Gala gloom [Franzi]   Gala gloom [Franzi] EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 1:20 am

"Have you given any thought to those deals?"

"You know I leave all the planning to my husband.  He's the politician, not me."

"Behind every great man is an even greater woman-- think about those development deals, hm?"  The man took her gloved hand and kissed it.  She smiled, as always.  

"Let's hope so."  She replied with a reserved smile.  "On both accounts."

That verbal dance over with, she ventured over to the bar and ordered another champagne.  She couldn't say it was difficult pretending to be the perfect wife-- because she realized that was what she was doing from the first moment she got married.  What was difficult was pretending to be a happy wife in such a large group of people that she herself had brought together for her husband.  

She had gotten numerous comments on her blue dress (red or black would have been too dark, people would have thought she was depressed, said her stylists), how great she looked... all as a thinly veiled 'I feel sorry for you'.  She saw it so clearly.  

She downed some more sparkling liquid courage at the bar and braced herself from the rest of the night.  Too bad she couldn't leave her own party
Back to top Go down
Badass Gangster boy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gala gloom [Franzi]   Gala gloom [Franzi] EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 5:20 pm

(Haven't apped Auguste yet but w/e)

Auguste didn't want to talk to her. Of course, he had to. It was his political duty to promote this image of him and his wife as the components of one beautiful, happy, Christian family. Needless to say, Auguste did not recognize the divorce put between him, and as he did not recognize it, the public was refused recognition. And naturally, Auguste also refused the public recognition of his scandals. His close friends and advisors, the ones who knew, would tell him "Just don't sleep around with whores anymore, find a girlfriend, those are easier to hide."

But no one knew how genuinely depressed the mundanity of one women, of one body, of one type of feeling left Auguste. Maybe he had a problem, he heard people say. He didn't think so, he thought he just had a good, active sexuality. That, and he hated his wife.

And unfortunately, they looked so beautiful together. They had destroyed their own house, but now they slept in the eyes of the public. It was easy enough. Pretending was so easy. The close friends and family of Auguste and his wife, of course, knew everything. And they all felt so sorry. Sorry for the both of them, because they were both destructive creatures.

But oh, they just didn't know any better. They had no idea how good the two would be at pretending to be in love. Maybe, they would even convince themselves.

"Franzi, my love. I'm sorry I left the house so early, I had some business to attend to." He laughed, kissing her lightly on those red lips. "You look as gorgeous as ever, everyone keeps telling me that you've stolen the night." He laughed, but his last words held a secret accusation within them. Auguste was fickle and jealous, and hearing those tell him that his wife 'stole the night' on his night did not make him happy.
-----
Arash was always Franzi's guard on these events. It was natural for those in power to have security. No one viewed his presence as suspicious. It was those few times where no one asked and no one questioned. Arash kept up a facade of some sort of good intention. His facade was better than all of the political scum in the room - because Arash knew - his intentions were better than all of the political scum in the room. He could be a part of the dirty criminal underworld, but everyone here had a finger in that world. Arash just did their dirty work.

He watched, from the bar counter as Franzi interacted with that man. Arash knew that he was Franzi's 'husband of sorts' but he had never interacted with the man, and he did not find it necessary to. 

Someone questioned him about getting a drink. The Iranian declined, of course. Why was he at a bar? Only to watch his employer, only to make sure that she was safe. And if some shady figure wanted to talk to the boss about some underground dealings, they better speak to Arash about it. She couldn't be seen here with that crowd. When she went here, she was part of her husband's beautiful crowd. She became part of the crowd that knew how to properly bury the body, clean their hands and put on something nice.
Back to top Go down
bubbelah

PostSubject: Re: Gala gloom [Franzi]   Gala gloom [Franzi] EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 12:20 am

She wasn't sure if she was happy or sad that he'd shown up.  One one hand, it was bad to be alone when they should have been presenting themselves together, but on the other, it was difficult to face him.  Contrary to what he might have thought, she loved him when she first married him.  It was a godsend after her first marriage-- true love, she thought.  Her prince charming.  

Until she realized that he was the prince charming to a lot of other women, too.  It destroyed her.  She was kept out of the public eye (during that time she was rumored to have been pregnant, to add insult to injury) until she could recover.  

Nevertheless, she accepted the kiss, but before they partedshe murmered to him quietly with a smile (so anyone watching wouldn't be the wiser), "Business is an odd name for a woman, isn't it, love?"

Returning to her champagne flute, she smiled into the glass, looking up at him through her lashes.  "I've been getting dance offers all night, I kept saying I was waiting for you, but I could hardly get to you.  You kept disappearing in the crowd."

She flicked her eyes over to Arash for a moment.  He was always there.  Although he was hardly a prince charming, and cared a questionable amount about her in actuality.  It was his job to be there, and he was.  It was Auguste's job to be there, and he never was.
Back to top Go down
Venetics

Venetics

PostSubject: Re: Gala gloom [Franzi]   Gala gloom [Franzi] EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 3:53 pm

Yi couldn't say she didn't enjoy trying to upstage other women at parties. Well, she could, but it would be a complete and utter lie. She had taken extra care with her appearance tonight-- even more so than usual and opting for a fairly short (but not too short) black dress that exposed most of her back on and had already received several compliments on. She had been a little worried that with the fairly recent surgery to stretch an extra few inches out of her legs would make her legs look a little odd in the dress, but it seemed not to be the case.

"I almost expected more Chinese people for some strange reason."

Her attention was drawn to her underling, smiling at the grin on his face and laughing slightly, "You don't come to parties much, do you?"

"Oh, I do," He hummed, looking around at everyone doing their things until someone taller than him blocked his view, "I'm just used to parties where almost everyone is Chinese!" He wouldn't openly say it, but he was also looking for anyone... Suspicious. What he classed as suspicious in a situation like this he wasn't entirely sure-- But he was looking out for it.

"Relax, James," Yi cooed, planting a small kiss on his cheek before handing him a drink and looking around herself, spotting the host after a moment, "I don't like to see my family so on edge. Have fun-- It's a party, after all~ Now if you'll excuse me I have someone I want to talk to!"

"Right, right," He sighed, waving at her dismissively before heading into the crowd himself, leaving her to snake her way over to her target, watching as the man she knew to be the woman's husband approach her.

"You must be Franziska~!" She grinned once she had fully approached them, "I just wanted to congratulate you on your party. And your dress is also rather exquisite, where did you get it?" It took her a moment to realise she was concentrating most of her attention on the other woman before turning to her husband and smiling again.

"And you must be Monsieur de Bourbon? Oh my you're just as pretty as all the girsl say!" She laughed, taking a sip from the drink in her hand.
Back to top Go down
Badass Gangster boy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gala gloom [Franzi]   Gala gloom [Franzi] EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 7:02 pm

Franzi's condescension rang in his ears. He merely had wine with one of his secretaries before the event. Wine and maybe a bit more... Anyways, he had to return her bra. It wasn't even a whore this time. Irritated, he kept his emotions hidden. A soft smile lingered on his lips.

"You know how busy I've been. I've had offers and offers from politicians, contractors, diplomats. All my time goes to my work and you, my love." He clutched onto her waist - she was the perfect accessory. Like her nice handbag, she was expensive, new, fashionable, and reeked of expensive scents and elitism. When she was attached to Auguste's body - the compliments poured in. Maybe some were compliments to her, but Auguste did not read them as such. After all, when one compliments a handbag, are they complimenting the bag alone - or the one who had the right sense of style to properly pick out and match the bag?

After clutching on to his wife, a woman with a very luxurious air about her approached the two. She revealed just enough skin to bring Auguste to a certain arousal - and she covered enough skin to seem dignified. Auguste looked at her - his blue eyes thirsty. He looked at most women of her type in that way. He was ready to drink her up, like the sparkling liquid that she swallowed.

"I'm glad to know the women have been talking about me. I was sure people only just cared about me for my politics. I'm glad I'm more than that," Auguste laughed. His grin widened and his face lightened. He loved more than anything else to be complimented.

Letting go of Franzi, he reached out a hand for the new woman.

"It is a genuine pleasure to meet you, miss....."

----

Arash didn't know what to think of this new woman. He had never seen her before. And it was hard to tell if she was wanted or not. Was she a part of the high society Franzi's husband immersed herself in? Or was she a part of that society that Franzi and Arash were both familiar with? Always, the Iranian was at the ready. His gun was tucked beneath his pants. Someone at the bar asked him what was wrong. He was not here to talk. He was here to watch Franzi. The insecurity of seeing new people near her irritated him.
Back to top Go down
bubbelah

PostSubject: Re: Gala gloom [Franzi]   Gala gloom [Franzi] EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 10:01 pm

Her perturbation went away quickly. At least he had the decency to lie well-- she could easily convince herself for brief moments that he was telling the truth. Nearly in a trance from the fake truth, she was about to kiss him again before his head turned on another woman.

She would have scrutinized the woman up and down had it not been for the sudden compliments. Her public persona immediately reacted. "Thank you, dear, I'm glad you could make it... and you are...?" She laughed and held out her hand. "I apologize, you know how introductions can be at large parties." Looking down at her own dress as if in surprise, she giggled lightly. "Oh, it had to be made for me." Her measurements weren't often found in stores. "I'll give your compliments to the designer."

Making sure Arash was looking and saw the woman first, she took her husband by the arm, joking (as far as the other woman knew), "Please, his head is already big enough as it is, any more compliments and he won't fit through the door."
Back to top Go down
Venetics

Venetics

PostSubject: Re: Gala gloom [Franzi]   Gala gloom [Franzi] EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 10:35 pm

It was tempting to lie about her name. Too tempting. But she held off, smiling and shaking each of their hands in turn; Franzi's then Auguste's, of course. After all Yi would definitely agree that there was always a much greater woman behind the man.

"Oh it's nothing, I completely understand," she laughed, waving it away with her hand, "My name is Yi Chen~ My father is a politician from the next town over and I've just bought out several locations in this city. But oh-- What a shame!"

He pouted at hearing it had been made for her without the name of the designer. A shame indeed.

"They did a really nice job of bringing out your eyes..." she took a long pause to stare directly into the other's eyes as if trying to read them before breaking it to stare at her drink before smiling again and humming playfully as she spoke, "You can tell a lot about a person by their eyes, Franziska."

Indeed you could. And she'd caught the way her husband was looking at her, too. Oh... It must have been like that. She would not elaborate on what she had deemed 'that' to be nor would shy pry about it... For the moment at least. Her head tilted to the side at the look before a coy smirk crept onto her lips, "It's a pleasure to meet the both of you, too."

"We all have room for a few more compliments~" She laughed, but more than happy to take the opportunity to assist in making fun of the Frenchman, "But some more than others, wouldn't you say?"

Her companion for the night, however had found someone he deemed suspicious. Another man at the bar that kept looking over at his cousin (at least he assumed it to be his cousin he was staring at) and casually moved over to the bar, ordering a drink and talking to another woman at the bar so he'd look less suspicious. After all he didn't really want to start a fight unless he had to.
Back to top Go down
Badass Gangster boy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gala gloom [Franzi]   Gala gloom [Franzi] EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 1:02 am

"I can't help it if so many people have such good things to say about me. But really, I wouldn't be anywhere without the woman behind me." He laughed. His thick French accent showed no difference between the single 'woman' and its plural. Or maybe he intended to do that? Really, he knew he had nothing to thank Franzi for. He hadn't touched her intimately in... how long.... he wasn't sure. He didn't really want to think about touching her at all. His women gave him the energy, restored the vitality that he needed to go on. Franzi didn't have anything for him. Her body was as stale as her womb.

"Unfortunatly she spends so much on these designer pieces. But you know what they say, everyone has their one sin. God permits us all to indulge on one thing. I'm lucky enough not to have discovered mine yet." He partially believed his words. Or, he would convince himself that they were true.

"But really, Madame Chen, the pleasure is all mine." He reached for the woman's hand once more, to raise it for his lips to tickle the soft skin. "Your dress is absolutely stunning, might I add. It really steals the night away." Stole the night away from the witch who would not let go of his arm. "Is that a personal piece, as well, or have I seen that somewhere?"

----

Arash, realizing that he looked a little odd standing alone at the bar without a drink and so intensely focused on his boss, decided to move around. Maybe, he would strike conversation - without straying from his boss. He noticed another one of those Chinese-looking people at the bar. Stemming a little from ignorance, and a little from the fact that there weren't too many Chinese people in these parties - Arash assumed some sort of relation to the woman speaking to the Boss.

"Have you ever seen the alcohol at such a price, my friend." Arash asked, throwing an arm on the shoulder of this new Chinese fellow. Admittedly, Arash didn't know anything about alcohol prices. But he assumed that they were very expensive. Everything here was very expensive. And Arash was a little glamorous with a ring on each finger, and the nice suit Franzi let him borrow, with the Rey Bans tucked into the pocket. He refused to wear a tie for 'religious reasons', and his first few buttons were down to reveal the jungle of thick black hair that must have covered his entire body. He didn't belong with this crowd, but he knew everyone brought a body guard. For everyone that did belong, every other person was like him.
Back to top Go down
bubbelah

PostSubject: Re: Gala gloom [Franzi]   Gala gloom [Franzi] EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 1:28 am

If he believed he did not need her, that meant she was doing her job well. With one word, one slip of the tongue, one woman unsilenced, she could ruin his career. Perhaps not forever, but for long enough to hurt. She was a strong enough personality to stand on her own, without him, but it still wouldn't look as good as being with him. Or, perhaps, she continued to protect him because a small part of her believed that the man she thought she married would come back.

It was difficult to have friends in such a position, and save for Arash, who was paid to be around her, Auguste was all she had. Yet he had exacerbated her numerous sufferings, including her disordered eating. Franzi hadn't had anything to eat that night, and quite a few glasses of champagne, giving her less of a handle on her emotions. Squeezing his arm, she said into her champagne glass before taking another sip, "But some people live only in sin, and thus, ca5 recognize the difference between it and good. Anyway..." She smiled at the woman. "Miss Chen, you must talk with me at some point, this fashion speak is completely irrelevant... I'm sure your father and we as well can benefit from some sort of alliance."
Back to top Go down
Venetics

Venetics

PostSubject: Re: Gala gloom [Franzi]   Gala gloom [Franzi] EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 3:41 pm

"If you can afford to spend on clothes, why shouldn't you? If you earned the money you should decide how you spend it," She laughed. Of course he didn't. "Well I'm sure if you were to dig deep enough, you'd find your sin, too, Monsieur~"

Covering her mouth in an act of fake bashfulness at the kiss on compliment, "Oh stop~! My dress is no where near as nice as your wife's! Mine's just a simple dress I saw in a shop last time I was at home in Shanghai." Simple, but expensive, of course. If she'd not been so good at business she'd have no doubt been made bankrupt years ago.

Turning her attention back to the other woman, she returned the smile, "Of course! We should meet at the Golden Dragon tomorrow~" She hummed, "It's a restaurant I own Downtown. But for now I would like to borrow your husband for a dance so that we might continue to discuss fashion, if you find it so irrelevant. I'd also like to practice some Frenc--"

"Franziii~~!" She stopped at hearing the sudden voice from the unfortunately familiar Italian. "There you are! I was wondering where you were. You look absolutely wonderful tonight," He had clearly already had a couple of drinks before he'd arrived at the party but not enough that he was having any physical trouble. He moved towards his half-sister, kissing her on each cheek before pulling back and noticing that there were in fact two other people around.

"Ohh~ Madamoxèła! So nice to see you again, too-- I hope our last meeting proved useful to you," he beamed, kissing one of her cheeks before remembering that they did not really know each other well enough for cheek kissing and just taking her hand for the moment, "Scùxeme, I am a little drunk."

"It is completely fine~" She smiled, almost looking amused, "I am quite fond of European greetings."

"I'm glad--" He laughed before remembering again that he still had another person to greet, "And Auguste!" He turned almost a little too quickly to pull the more familiar man into a tight hug to kiss his cheeks before giving him a firm pat on the back, "How are you doing, my friend!"

----

Being a Chinese man raised in England did not exactly make for a man who liked to be touched in such a friendly way by strangers-- especially strangers he'd considered so suspicious just a few moments ago. Had he realised he only came over to the bar to watch him? Perhaps.

"Obviously you've never bought a pint in England," He laughed, grinning at the other with his accent lined by several long months of elocution lessons. Though he did rather enjoy watching how people reacted when they heard his accent, "It's daylight robbery!"

Extending a hand to the other, he grinned, trying not to look at the gross amount of body hair this man had on display, "The name's James. And you are, pal?"
Back to top Go down
Badass Gangster boy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gala gloom [Franzi]   Gala gloom [Franzi] EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 9:15 pm

Auguste dropped the discussion on sin. He knew that Franzi was alluding to his adultery. Auguste would not accept his actions as sinful - per say - simply, because he was caught in a situation where he lacked the freedom of choice. His wife was absolutely undesirable, he found her touch to be repulsive. And following Auguste's church and his political career - there was no way out of their relationship. His desire could not be satisfied unless he engaged in this adultery. And his desire was so strong, surely God understood. He really just had a healthy sexuality.

"Oh, my dear, this is a party not a business meeting. Relax, this is a place to form.... how do you say...." He looked at the Chinese women, before continuing. "relationships.... Business can follow that, right, Madame Chen." His gaze continued that thirsty conviction. He did not expect her to deny him what he wanted. And the mention of a dance heightened his limitless confidence.

"It would be an honor to have a dance with you. I do not see a single woman at this party who I would be more enthusiastic to accept this invitation from."  He said the last sentence for Franzi. As much as he would love to flatter the new Madame, he gained just so much more pleasure from insulting his wife. The insult was subtle - and to their friends and family - it probably did not look like an insult. But he wanted it to hurt her. Whenever she was near him, his mood took the turn for the worst, and with her, he became both masochist and sadist.

Before Auguste had removed himself from Franzi, the force of his brother-in-law's presence had already separated them.

"Ahh, it is all the best that you are drunk to this party, it was terribly dull up until this point!" Auguste laughed, taking the man into his embrace. "Ah, my friend, you make any party." Although he was related to Franzi, Auguste found the man respectable. Rather, he admired him - more so than any other person he had met. The blood ran so pure within the Italian - Auguste only assumed that Franzi's mother must have poisoned the line. Because really, his wife did come from such a good family. Her mother must have been a real bitch.

"Do you know Madame Chen?" Auguste asked, taking the moment following Zorzi's interruption to switch women. He stood on the side of the Chinese woman now. "We just met, but she's a fantastic girl, I can tell already. Watch my wife for me, as we dance, will you? We must get a drink together, afterwards."

----

The Chinese man's accent and name caught Arash off guard. He had no idea that James was a name with his people. And he didn't know that his people could have those types of accents. He was expecting a dialogue, a tone and a name totally different.

The Iranian hesitated, initially unsure if it would be proper for him to reveal his actual name. But what information could a first name produce? Other than the minor offenses that doted his prison record, Arash's name would hardly produce any valuable information. As far as the official records knew, he didn't even know Franzi.

"It is Arash." The Iranian took the man's hand, and expanded it, by drawing the man into a quick embrace. By non-Iranian standards, the Iranian was a little too touchy - but by Iranian standards, he was normal. Iranian standards were all that really mattered to Arash anyways. "Vhere do you come from, my friend?"

Arash stood back, choosing to lean a shoulder on the counter of the bar. His gaze hesitated back to his employer, before it returned to James. She was united now by someone familiar - a relative of sorts. Arash had seen his face before, he knew the man wouldn't give Franzi a problem.
Back to top Go down
bubbelah

PostSubject: Re: Gala gloom [Franzi]   Gala gloom [Franzi] EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 10:57 pm

She was loathe to conduct meetings where there would be food. "Sounds wonderful... how about lunch? Around one? I'll see you there." Lunch would be light enough to refuse to eat too much, and early enough that she could figure out if Auguste had stepped out on her. "Enjoy your dance, we'll have plenty to talk about later." Hopefully she would have enough dignity not to give in to him. "Please, take him, he's a politician, he becomes insufferable, sometimes."

Luckily she was distracted by her half-brother. "I had no idea you would show up!" She giggled. Perhaps they were not the closest by normal standards, but he must have been the sibling she was closest to. On every terrible thing that happened to her, he had never really chosen a side, except his own. Turning to the Chinese woman, she told her, "I see you already know Zorzi. He's my brother. Well, half-brother, but I think that sounds dreadful, don't you think?" She grinned at her brother. "I'd love to spend some time with you. Auguste is an awful dancer, anyway."

Back to top Go down
Venetics

Venetics

PostSubject: Re: Gala gloom [Franzi]   Gala gloom [Franzi] EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 12:15 am

"Excellent~ On both counts," she laughed, patting the Frenchman that now stood beside her on the arm, "I'll try to give him back in one piece, but I can't make any promises!" But if he thought she was going to bend over backwards just because she'd flirted with him a little he was in for one hell of a surprise.

"A fantastic girl?" Zorzi laughed in response, "That's one way of putting it! She's certainly a woman with a lot of... Presence. Sorry-- My English is not as good when I'm drunk."

"Should I take that as a compliment~?" She cooed in response to the Venetian, now wrapping her arm fully around the other man's.

"Would admirable be a little better?" He grinned, doing a three-sixty to grab a glass from a platter that had been carried by a waiter or something-- he was too drunk to care, really. As far as he was concerned the guy was just alcohol on legs.

"Much," she laughed, turning her attention back to the other woman, "I've met your brother on a couple of business trips. But, if we don't see each other again tonight-- I'll see you tomorrow~ Come, Monsieur, voudriez-vous danser avec moi?"

She smirked at him again, leading him off into the crowd for a dance. The Venetian just laughed at the sight, quickly and firmly grabbing the man's buttock and giving it a brief squeeze, "Yes, Auguste, prove to my sister that you are not an awful dancer!"

He turned to his sister after a moment, breaking down into immature giggles before he registered what she was saying, "Oh!" He quickly downed the drink in his hand before continuing, barely letting the drink touch the sides, "Si. Yes. Of course I'm here~ I do love a party-- It's a shame it's not a masquerade. I do love excuses to drink more! Oh... I mean wear masks. Not drink. But drinking is also good, don't you agree, Franzi?"

---

Jame's grin stretched from ear to ear at the reaction. It was expected, of course, but it never got old. The body hair had been an unwelcome feeling on his own exposed collarbone, making him subconsciously future proof himself as much as possible by doing up the final few buttons. He couldn't shield himself from the rest of it, however. As well as the mild hint of jealousy regarding the other's stubble and his own lack there of.

"Hong Kong," he laughed a little shakily whilst he recovered from the sudden touchiness, "But I'm basically adopted and grew up in London. And yourself? Oh-- Do you want a drink, too?" He hummed before stopping for a moment and looking the other down for a moment then smiling again. "I'm sure they have some non-alcoholic drinks, like water or juice if you're not allowed that sort of thing."
Back to top Go down
bubbelah

PostSubject: Re: Gala gloom [Franzi]   Gala gloom [Franzi] EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 12:53 am

Franzi ordered a glass of wine as the fake mirth faded away. Of course, she was always happy to see her brother, but... "Yes," She mumbled into her glass. "It is quite an occasion to drink." The day they were supposed t present as being so in love after one of those sex scandals aired, and he was dancing with that floozie. Taking a cigarette from her clutch and putting it into its long ebony holder, she added as she lit it, watching her husband, "He won't be at home tonight." She would cry about it later.

"I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last I see of him until tomorrow night." She smiled sadly and delicately. "I didn't think you'd show your face here... you've succeeded in working anonymously, I suppose?"
Back to top Go down
Badass Gangster boy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gala gloom [Franzi]   Gala gloom [Franzi] EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 2:46 am

How much did Zorzi have to drink? Auguste wasn't sure if it would be best to share a drink with him afterwards. He had seen the man in this state before. Often, there would be no incident. When the Italian grabbed his butt - Auguste was not quite sure how to respond. As much as he admired the man's character, the butt grab was a little forward. However, the Frenchman just laughed it off.

"I'll prove it for you, if you can follow me. My wife knows how well I dance. She's the weaker link of our dancing pair, even in your current state, I'm warning you to watch out with her." He laughed, before finally being whisked into that large crowd with that beautiful new woman.

He liked how she had advanced to grasp him, before he could even wrap himself around her. And he hoped that tonight should would be just as forward. He knew where he wanted to be. His manhood knew where it wanted to be. However, Auguste was more than just his manhood and desire. He was a social human, and known by only a few - he was a dancer in his youth.

"It's an honor to dance with you." He continued the conversation in French. He paused - to latch onto her appropriately for the tune of this dance. "And my God, I am amazed that we have never met each other before. What a horror?! You speak French, you dance," He smiled, whisking her gently with the present music. "...and you must be the most beautiful woman here." His voice lowered into a whisper, though the French language did allow him for much more privacy. "Has God been hiding you from me, because he knew I would just fall so hopelessly for you once we finally met?"
----

"Iran. I have been here for a while, though. The air's better here." Arash stated, taking out a cigarette from his pocket. He was unsure, initially, if he was allowed to smoke - but after seeing so many others take out their fine little cigarattes - Arash assumed he could open a package of his own. He liked to go cheap with the stuff. Smoking was fun, relaxing, and relieved his fingers of a certain antsy-ness that tended to come about in these types of settings. However, quality didn't really matter to him. He could save his money for other things.

"What brings you from London to New Vida, then?" He grabbed two cigarettes and tucked the package away. Looking up, he checked on Franzi once more. "Want one?" He offered, lighting his own. He inhaled the smoke, and exhaled it through the corners of his mouth.

"I don't drink." It was forbidden, and he also didn't feel anything from it. Like all Muslim youths, he had his irreligious phase. He knew the taste of alcohol - and it was not thrilling. He had sworn off the stuff, for God, for his own soul, and because he had better stuff. "And I would not spend money on juice here." He cracked a grin. His smile almost eluded to something about his character or actions or past - something a little dirty. Smoke trickled out again through the corners of his smile, and now through his nostrils. "I'm just waiting for a friend of mine."
Back to top Go down
Venetics

Venetics

PostSubject: Re: Gala gloom [Franzi]   Gala gloom [Franzi] EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 2:18 pm

"If I danced right now I'd probably end up doing some improvised break dancing, but I will, don't worry!" He called after the Frenchman, eyes scanning the immediate area for more alcohol. It was a fairly thin line between being a drunken idiot and a bawling baby for Zorzi when he got drunk-- but he'd done it enough times to know when he was coming close to that line.

"Am I on cockblock duty tonight?" He laughed drunkenly, looking over at the now dancing duo. His lips turned curled into a smirk as he continued, not taking his eyes off the other man, "I shouldn't worry about Miss Chen ending up in bed with him, though, if that puts your mind at ease. When I met her the first time I misread her signals and she crippled me for a couple of days with those perfectly manicured nails." Just the thought of it was enough to make him grimace and shift uncomfortably at the ghost pains of remembrance in his crotch.

The question regarding his business brought him back and took the imaginary pain away from his mind. He laughed again, looking back to her finally and grinning drunkenly, "As anonymous as I want to be. Most people know I'm an information broker-- But I enjoy knowing I'm too useful to the police and that less questionable folk know that if they do anything to me all the information I have on them gets released."

"No one has a clue about the rest of it," He hummed contently, looking down at the glass in his hand and remembering it was empty, "Have you seen Anthony, by the way? I thought he'd probably show up-- Oh well. It's not like he's exactly an uplifting presence. How has your 'work' been going, by the way?"

---
"You are quite the flatterer, Monsieur," Yi giggled, watching his expressions closely as they danced and effortlessly following his steps. But she did eat up flattery like a butterfly to nectar. It would not help the other person get anywhere-- but she loved to have her ego stroked. "But I have not been very immersed into the social life here lately. I've been busy with work and travelling. I only returned from China earlier this week~" And hospitals. The reason she'd only just returned this week was because of the six month long surgery and rehabilitation for those extra five centimeters in her legs.

"But I used to live not to far from the French concession, and I used to let the boys around there take me on dates in exchange for teach me French," She was almost amused by how much he was like some of the men she'd met there. Laughing again, she tilted her head, her tone suddenly more scolding-- Even in French. Her favourite thing about the language was that she would still sound elegant to people that didn't understand her no matter what she said, "Remember, monsieur, you are a married man in a powerful position. You would not want another scandal with someone like me, would you?"

---
"Are we thinking of the actual air or the atmosphere?" He snorted, finishing his own drink drink as he shook his head to the offer, "Don't smoke. If I wanted my lungs full of shit I'd have moved back to China." James beamed again at his own joke, ordering himself another drink before he continued.

"You know how it is, better jobs, family over here, British people are annoying," He hummed, "Did you only come here because the air was better or did you have other reasons too?"

Mirroring his look almost he smirked, looking out at the people in the room, eyes landing on most of the women at the party, "Oh? Who? Is she pretty? Maybe I'll try and steal her from you with my dashing good looks~" He joked, patting him on the shoulder, "Kidding, of course. If she likes you I don't she'd like some as hairless and effeminate as me. I only seem to attract the type of girls that like East Asian pop music now a days. I think it's the earring. But suit yourself if you don't want me to buy my new friend a drink-- It only hurts a little."

"What do you do, anyway?" He hummed, taking his new drink , "You don't look the type to be in this kinda place."
Back to top Go down
Badass Gangster boy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gala gloom [Franzi]   Gala gloom [Franzi] EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 10:56 pm

Auguste broke into a light-hearted laugh through a light-hearted smile and kind eyes. So she knew about his scandals? He was always amazed to find out just how many people knew - but thanks to the networks hidden behind his wife - the public had no idea. People would speak about his affairs in their private spaces, or in casual conversation - but they did not dare mention it openly. His public record was spotless.

"The most powerful men don't have scandals. Affairs don't exist if they are secret." His voice sung in whispered French.

"Ah, but we love it when pretty women can speak our tongue. You see, a woman can only know us if she speaks our language. You see, French is the secret to our heart. We will play with other women who speak only English, or Spanish or... Chinese... But those women won't understand how we think or how we feel, because we think and feel in French." The music was light and gentle, like Auguste's touch and words.

"Tell me, Madame, will you enter yourself in my society more? I'd love to have you in my campaign. As a politician, I have a vision for this city, and I would love you to help me complete this vision." The Frenchman was a very good dancer and he spoke like he danced - with a certain ease that was meant to hide those years of practice. While occupying an intimate public presence, his easy words always eluded to something else.  
----

"The air's better." And his mom met a man who promised that life would be better here. However, Arash wasn't going to touch on that. The men in her life had been a source of shame to Arash. The pain of his youth existed the way his childhood asthma existed. The worst was over. The extreme asthma attacks were over - men no longer abused his mother - but shortness of breath would still suddenly strike Arash like sudden thoughts of his and his mother's pain crippled him. He didn't know what brought his mother over, except, that she thought it would be easier. He, himself, didn't have a complete answer - and he responded in a sentence, incomplete. "And more opportunities."

A deeply troubled youth had transformed with age into a deeply troubled adult. He was intimate with his touch, he could be kind, he started friendly - but he lacked the ability to maintain these types of interactions. Prison had destroyed the delayed bud of social skills.

"I have a wife at home." He stated sharply, with the intent of dropping the subject of women. The joke made him uncomfortable. He took a drag on his cigarette. With a sigh, that he hoped would relax him, he let out the smoke through an obviously fabricated smile. He put the rejected cigarette back in his pocket.

"A family friend invited me. I do odd jobs for them." Arash stated. He suddenly felt uncomfortable - he was here to be invisible. He would not be doing his job if he began to speak about himself. He grabbed the mask of some great vague-ness. "And yourself? Are you here with anyone?"
Back to top Go down
bubbelah

PostSubject: Re: Gala gloom [Franzi]   Gala gloom [Franzi] EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 12:01 am

"Is that true?" She exhaled smoke in surprise. Franzi didn't want her husband to sleep around... but she didn't want him to be hurt, either. There was still a good part of her that loved him.

She grinned at him in turn, taking a small sip of the wine while he talked. "Is that why no one here has said anything about you being here? Do you have information on them, too...?" She had always wondered where her brother had woven all his webs. But she would not be in one of those webs. "I know I love you very much... but giving you information pertinent to my business is dangerous."
Back to top Go down
Venetics

Venetics

PostSubject: Re: Gala gloom [Franzi]   Gala gloom [Franzi] EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 11:55 pm

"Oh? Would you consider yourself to be among the most powerful, Monsieur~?" She cooed, laughing lightly as she spoke, "But secrets rarely stay hidden away forever. They're not unlike beautiful women; so appealing at first then as they age they get much, much uglier."

"And as for joining in your campaign..." He paused, looking off into the crowd for a moment before looking back at him with a coy smirk. "That would depend on what you're alluding to when you say you'd like to have me in your campaign. I think that either way my answer is 'perhaps'."

She paused for a moment, brushing off some imaginary debris from the man's shoulder. The smile didn't fade from her lips because, after all, Yi also had her own vision for the city. She smirked a little at him, tilting her head at him playfully. It would be quite interesting to see how he would react, "You are quite the dancer... But I think your brother is better with words."

---
James couldn't help but be a little taken aback by the man's reaction, holding his hands up defensively at the sudden aggression. "I didn't mean to upset you, pal," he said quickly, watching him for a moment and expecting him not to want to talk to him what with how uncomfortable he was acting.

"Oh-- Who?" He hummed, looking pleasantly surprised as he looked around before just laughing, "Me? Nah, I came here by myself. I'm an apprentice for a business man round here so he said I should come, you know? The whole it's not what you know, it's who you know thing. I don't really feel like talking to anyone right now, though." If he'd seen him with Yi not too long ago he could always continue the lie, and just tell him he'd met her at the party. After all it looked like they were two of the only East Asians at the party and some might consider it most likely that they had come together.

---
"Si-- But I don't think she'll hurt him in public like this," The Venetian snorted, spotting some more alcohol before moving towards it before returning after a moment once he had another drink and ensuring that this one would be drunken in much more moderation.

"Probably," He snorted, looking over the room to see just how many his drunken mind would register as being people he had dirt on. He couldn't say for certain-- But 'a lot' seemed to satisfy for now. He let out a short laugh at her comment, grinning at her, "Of course, Franzi, I would never ask that of you! We are siblings but you know that one of my only redeeming features is that I care deeply about my two lovely siblings."

The grin did not face from his face. True, he would not ask her for information-- but her lackies were another story and often much easier to buy out. He had gathered a fair amount of information about her business that way. After all no bugs have ever willingly or knowingly found themselves in a spider's web.
Back to top Go down
Badass Gangster boy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gala gloom [Franzi]   Gala gloom [Franzi] EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 2:45 am

"And once they get ugly, they're uninteresting. I consider my personal life to be very safe, Madame. Safe for myself, and safe for anyone who would like to be involved with it...." He smiled at her. He didn't know the women's background well-enough to know if a long-term public union would be beneficial. But he did know her body well enough to be sure that a long-term private union would be extremely satisfactory. Auguste had absolute confidence in his ability to interact with and seduce the women. He would change that 'perhaps' to an 'of course' - by the end of the night - he was sure of it.

"You know my brother?" the twinkle of romance in Auguste's expression quickly transformed to a look of absolute disgust. Auguste's senses responded to the image of his brother much like they would respond if someone were to take a dump on his foot. He took a wrong step - nothing particularly noticeable - but almost unprecedented for Auguste. He clicked his tongue to his teeth. Right after she complimented him against his brother too. "How?"

"My brother is pretentious. He uses his own arrogance to change the minds of others. He isn't good with words, he just thinks he is. " His accusations were harsh, and highly hypocritical when they came from the mouth of Auguste. But, his relationship with his brother was well-known. Auguste paraded himself as a 'family-man' but his brother lacked any sort of values or morality - closeness harmed the younger Frenchman more than it benefited him. He didn't have to pretend.

-----
Beating around the bush only took one so far. And Arash lacked the subtlety and the conversational skills to get anything out of it. 

"Do you know the other Asian? I think I've seen her somewhere." Arash stated, a little too bluntly, staring unabashedly towards the direction the woman was in. Though often the butt of generalizations and stereotypes - Arash was by no means, above creating generalizations and stereotypes of his own. He hadn't seen her anywhere else, probably. But it was a good way to learn more about the woman. That was what he was here for, after all. The woman was dancing with Franzi's husband right now - something Franzi probably did not like. She would want to know about the woman.

But, he glanced at his boss once more. He wondered, if the woman was the subject of her conversation with her brother. Arash had heard of the man. He had been told to watch out for him. He probably had information about the woman. Better information than Arash would probably be getting through this conversation.
Back to top Go down
bubbelah

PostSubject: Re: Gala gloom [Franzi]   Gala gloom [Franzi] EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 3:06 am

"I don't know..." She murmured, looking out dreamily into the crowd. "I might like to see that. I've thought about hitting him before... But he has to be on television quite a lot so I always just leave it alone." But if only she would hurt him, and then he would go crying to his wife. If only.

Franzi smiled at his reassurance. "You're very sweet... It seems sometimes as if I hardly know you, though! You never share anything with us." She thought for a moment. "And why *isn't* Anthony here....? I thought he told me..." On a phone call he had muttered something about a... "A date! That's it." Franziska was composed and cultured but when she thought something was truly funny, a strange, strangled laugh came from her. "Can you imagine!" She leaned in closer so that hopefully no one else would hear. "The boring things he's saying on the date... He says even more boring things during a fuck!" She let out a high pitched snort before covering her mouth while she laughed. Her father and she were the same in that regard-- air sophistication sometimes broken by low brow humor, laughing at their own jokes.
Back to top Go down
Venetics

Venetics

PostSubject: Re: Gala gloom [Franzi]   Gala gloom [Franzi] EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Yi couldn't help but laugh at how quickly he had turned around, the misplaced step in his dance making her grin at him.

"How do I know him? Well... I apparently give off a different vibe than I mean to~" She hummed. She knew exactly what vibe she gave off-- and it was always so fun to shoot all these men down when they tried to coo her into bed, "I am a businesswoman at heart, monsieur, but people don't always notice that. People like your brother who was in one of my restaurants and tried to seduce me-- But do not worry, I did not give in. Perhaps your are right that it was his arrogance that did the talking. And I much prefer you to him~"

---
James paused for a minute. There were so many options of how to respond to that since he wasn't sure if it was because they were both Chinese or if he knew he was actually with him. In the end, he couldn't help but toy with the other. Brows furrowing in a look of mild offense, he responded.

"No, why would I-- And looks familiar? Why- because we all look the same, right?" He hissed before letting out a harsh sigh as though to calm him down and grinning a little sheepishly a him, "Sorry-- I get that a lot so I kind of react instinctively to it-- I'm sure you didn't mean anything buy it.... Right? But nah... Never seen her before. I'd like to see her again though, if you catch my drift."

It felt a little awkward, saying such things about a family member, but it would only help his ruse. "Where did you see her? Maybe I can just 'happen' to be there-- or would that be too creepy? I'd go talk to her but I don't want to make a fool of myself in public like that. She seems the type to just out right reject me, too--!"

---
Zorzi just laughed at the thought of her hitting him. It was no doubt warped in his already drunken mind to something even funnier than it could ever have actually been, "If you really wanted him hurt it would not be hard," he hummed, sipping the wine in his hand again, "Oh-- Porco Dio I'm going to have to sit down soon, I think I've drunk more than I planned." It was half a statement and half a warning. He was fully aware that his mouth would run away from him along with his control on his emotions when he got too drunk.

"Do you really think that?" He asked, looking fairly upset at the concept, "We really must get together and talk properly sometime-- we hardly do it anymore! But I should tell you there's only so much I can tell you for both of our safeties."

He burst out giggling uncontrollably, not at her joke, but at her laugh. He had always found that noise to be one of the best things ever and would often make particularly crude jokes just to entice it from her, "Franzi, you're going to give him a complex! I can only tease him so much after he saved my life!" He stopped upon realising he hadn't mentioned that to her before, casually averting his gaze and sipping the drink again whilst he thought of how he'd save the situation. It wasn't an easy thing to do when drunk. He blinked at noticing that her bodyguard was looking at them.

"Does Arash not trust me?" He asked, staring for a bit longer than he had intended to before looking back at his sister. Zorzi did not really care if he trusted hm or not-- in all honesty he would admit it was the smart thing to do. It would be a good topic redirection, though.
Back to top Go down
Badass Gangster boy
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gala gloom [Franzi]   Gala gloom [Franzi] EmptySun Jul 07, 2013 11:01 pm

The effect of a compliment was entirely visible - in the way Auguste smiled, in the way he began to carry himself, in the light that touched his face. These types of compliments were the fuel that drove Auguste to venture in to another day. He was entirely what other people thought about him. And he so desired to be the only thing that people thought about. That was why his brother drew him crazy. The Frenchman used to be crazy with envy - for the brother that used to be better, smarter, more well-spoken, 'bound for success.' The world thought of his brother with such favor. But not anymore, now, Auguste was a successful politician, now, all the girls in the city swooned for him. He made the world talk about him! 

And he made the world only say good things.

"Ah, that's good. He has loose sexual morals, I would not want a woman such as yourself to be trapped under his spell. He shows no respect for the finer female creatures." The criticism was leveled at the Frenchman's brother - but it might have been leveled by another at Auguste. But Auguste failed to pay attention to his own flaws. "I think we would make a better match, no?

---

Arash frowned. They did all look similar.... There was a reason why this was a common perception, because it was a little true. But Arash wasn't going to tell the man that he thought that.

"I would rather have that than spend hours being harassed at the airport." But then - they did have a reason beyond pure prejudice for harassing Arash. He had a criminal record behind his name. But none of his credentials - except for his passport would lead one to believe that he was that sought after 'Islamic fundamentalist.' The Iranian was extremely involved at his mosque, but his involvement seemed only positive. As far as the Muslim community knew, Arash was a successful young-professional - pulled out of his youthful rebellion by Islam.

"This society is built on a deep hatred for my people. You have it easy." Nothing was simple to the Iranian, nothing was funny, nothing could be dismissed as a joke. Those he was close with - Franzi, his fiance, his handful of friends - could get a joke out of him. But with the new acquaintance, Arash seemed a parody of himself. He took himself so seriously, it made those who really knew him laugh.

The Iranian noticed that Zorzi had caught his eye - and quickly - a sense of discomfort rushed over his head. He turned away to, for the first time in the conversation, engage in direct eye-contact with James. 

"She looks like one of my wife's friends." Arash squinted. No, that was a lie. Arash didn't even know any of his fiance's friends. "She is dancing with a married man now, isn't she? With that politician... Is that acceptable? I wonder what kind of morals she has. I do not think my wife would be with people of questionable moral character... But...." He paused, pretending to think. He wanted to know about the character of the woman his boss's husband was dancing with. Much of Franzi's business was related to the hiding of her husband's scandals. And because Arash was her personal hitman, he often had to take out those involved with the Frenchman's immoral exploits.

"You should talk to her, you can probably speak to her in the same language."
Back to top Go down
bubbelah

PostSubject: Re: Gala gloom [Franzi]   Gala gloom [Franzi] EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 12:15 am

Her laughing slowed as she processed what he was saying. "...What do you mean?" There was a way she could hurt Auguste? Her husband seemed to think, had convinced himself due to all the morality he injected in his campaign, that God was heavily invested in his success. If something bad happened to him, would he think that it was some divine justice.... and take comfort in his wife? Her eyes lit up with all the possibilities. "We should talk sometime..."

Zorzi said a lot when he was drunk. These were times that she appreciated-- she admittedly did not know a lot about her brother, because he never revealed anything. "Anthony saved your life?" She didn't look at Arash when he did. "Don't look at him. Why does it matter if he trusts you or not? Besides..." She exhaled some smoke from her fancy cigarette. "I want to hear more about this Anthony thing..."

Back to top Go down
Venetics

Venetics

PostSubject: Re: Gala gloom [Franzi]   Gala gloom [Franzi] EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 7:23 pm

Yi couldn't help but laugh at how suddenly his mood had changed around, smiling at him again, "Some women might be offended if you call them creatures~" she cooed, giving the man one final look over before locking eyes with him again, "I think I would agree. I much prefer blue eyes, anyway, monsieur... Perhaps you would like to meet again, sometime?"

She released him as the song finished, stepping back from him, "Perhaps next week? I already said where to find me when I spoke to your wife before-- But if something should change, I will be in contact~" She did not have any politicians in her ring of 'friends'. She was not sure how, yet, but he could be of use, even if it was something as simply as getting into other parties.

"Au revoir!" And with that she had wormed her way back into the crowd and out of sight to everyone but her guard for the night who had made careful note of where she'd headed without being too obvious. He knew he could get away with watching her to some extent, since he had told his new 'friend' he found her attractive. He had been saying something about racism but he hadn't really been listening, only looking back to meet the hairy man's gaze.

"Really? You should see if you can get her number for me," he joked, laughing slightly before muting himself at remember how his last joke had gone and clearing his throat. "Surely there's nothing wrong with dancing with one, right? I mean dance couples aren't always married to each other and they're not cheating??" It was easy enough to make it sound like he was just being hopeful before sighing.

He blinked at the mention of speaking the same language as her. The thought amused him. Last time he had tried to talk to her in 'Chinese' he had spoken Cantonese and she'd spoken Shanghainese and they had had trouble understanding each other.

But this could be an excuse to leave the man. He paused, sizing up whether it would be better to keep an eye on him here or from somewhere else. He had lost Yi in the crowd briefly, so perhaps it would be best to find her-- but this guy was still the shadiest here.

"I don't think so," he sighed, leaning against the bar, "She's gone now and she wouldn't have liked me anyway, probably..." Definitey.

---
Zorzi just laughed at how she'd reacted to the suggestion. Had she really never sat down and thought about how to hurt him? Maybe she really was foolish enough to actually love him.

"My dear sorèła-- There are more ways to hurt people than just physical!" He grinned, swilling what was left of his drink around in the glass, "I should know." He had often thought about how to get back at people and someone of his build and with weak joints like his would have no choice at the physical. The only way to fight back was with sharp thinking and sharper words. It had also helped him gain information from captured members of other gangs-- but anyone would be capable of physical violence when your opponent was restrained.

"Of course~!" He hummed, finishing the drink in his hand before wishing he hadn't as she continued to hound him about his slip up, "I'm afraid it's too late, Franzi. We made eye contact and now I am deeply in love with that mass of unsightly body hair." He snorted, looking back to his elder sibling and screwing up the bridge of his nose.

"I'm not sure if this is the time or place to discuss it--," he huffed out his chest childishly and waving his hand as he spoke, looking about for more wine before remembering he'd decided to stop drinking for the night, "I just got in a little trouble with some people that don't like me and he convinced them to meet with me so I could talk myself out of trouble. Not a big deal, really!"

"Let's change topic," he said quickly, eyes darting around for some sort of conversation starter. The walls? Of course--

"You really should come over sometime, by the way, I've just redecorated and it looks marvelous if I do say so myself. which I do." He chuckled, beaming at the Austrian, "I think that it has beentoo long since we really talked and when I'm drunk I say the wrong thing so I think it would be much better if we were to talk in the privacy of my own home!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gala gloom [Franzi]   Gala gloom [Franzi] Empty

Back to top Go down

Gala gloom [Franzi]
Page 1 of 1